When Navy SEALs are given a task, they set immediately to work with a singular focus: completing the mission. Today’s mission is inviting you to be a part of 1ST Annual SEALKIDS SwimJam fundraiser, a 5k open water swim competition and after party being held at the Windjammer, Isle of Palms, Saturday, October 14th, 2017.
- 7:00 am – Volunteer Arrival
- 8:00 am – Race Packet Pickup For Swimmers
9:30 am – Opening ceremonies with presentation of colors by Wando High School JROTC and national anthem with Wando high school Chorus. Ocean side of Windjammer and VFW Post 3137.
- 9:00 am – Safety Brief 9:30 am – Warm Up 10:00 am – Swim Race Start 12:00 pm – Swim Race Finish 12:30 pm – Awards Ceremony Download Swim Information
At the conclusion of the day’s competition, we cordially invite you to join us for an afternoon/evening benefit concert titled Afterparty at The Windjammer. There will be live music from Charleston’s own Natty Grass Band, Triangle Bluegrass Band and local favorites The Blue Dogs. Also, we will have raffles, giveaways, tug-of-war and other interactive activities along with Navy SEAL guests. This is a family friendly event, so please bring the whole gang out to support the SEALKID Mission!
- 5:30 pm- The Natty Grass Band
- 6:30 pm – Triangle Bluegrass Band
- 7:30 pm – Live Auction / Raffles, and Giveaways.
- 8:00 pm to 10:30 pm – The BLUE DOGS
Come enjoy this family-friendly event while supporting a great cause! To learn more about SEALKIDS please visit us at www.sealkids.org