Thanks to our Comrades and Auxiliary Members efforts, Post 3137 has achieved the status and honor of being named a South Carolina All State VFW Post for 2016-17. There are numerous National, State, and Local VFW requirements that must be met to be considered for this prestigious award and there are very few Posts that achieve this honor. The main focus of these requirements is to serve the VFW mission, our active duty members, all veterans, and our local community.
Here are just some of the All State Award requirements that were accomplished this year by our Post:
- 116% Comrade Membership over last year.
- 1,200+ hours of Community Voluntary Service.
- Support for the VFW National Home for Children.
- Military Veterans Support contributions.
- Voice of Democracy and Patriot’s Pen student essay competition participation.
- Designate and submit a Teacher of the Year award candidate.
- Support and grow the VFW Buddy Poppy Program.
My congratulations to all of my fellow “Post on the Coast” Comrades and Auxiliary Members for your commitment and support of our Post, and for a job well done!
In the spirit of comradeship,
All State Post 3137