It was recently announced that our Post has been chosen as the recipient of the prestigious South Carolina Community Service Post of the Year Award for 2019-2020. This award is definitely all about a team effort from our Post Comrades and Auxiliary Members and exemplifies the top Post in our State in the following areas:
- Actively participated in Community Service, Americanism, Safety and Youth Activities
- Have a Community Flag Retirement Program, including a US Flag collection box available to our community
- Flags must have been placed at a local cemetery remembering deceased veterans
- Must have donated a flag to a local organization or school
- Submitted at least 1 entry for Patriot’s Pen, Voice of Democracy, and Teacher of the Year Programs
- Must have had representation at all District and State meetings and functions
Our Post not only met all of these requirements, we exceeded them!
Congratulations to everyone that stepped up to represent our Post in support our Community Service and the Mission of The Veterans of Foreign Wars.